This post is in honor of Movember- a month dedicated to Men’s Health!
Most men eat a breakfast comprised of carbohydrates and coffee. This is something that has to change! If you are a man reading this article and you want energy throughout the day, you need to get a jump-start with a power-breakfast. The ideal breakfast would consist of protein, healthy fats and some healthy (un-refined) carbohydrates. A balanced breakfast will provide you with the nutrients your brain and muscles need for a productive day.
Check out this simple recipe thatour friend Amy Pamensky, Holistic Nutritionist and Natural chef was designed just for you!
If you would like to know more about nutrition, health habits and general health, download our ebook today! We share healthy recipes, information about food and how to nourished the body, best natural supplements options and much more.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 7 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- ½ diced onion
- ½ cup shredded sweet potato
- 4 eggs (or 1 egg with 3 egg whites)
- 1 handful spinach
- ½ avocado
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat and melt 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil in the pan
- Add your diced onion to the pan and stir for about 3 minutes until translucent
- Add your sweet potato and saute, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until your sweet potatoes soften
- In a separate pan, melt the remaining 1 Tbsp coconut oil (or organic butter). Pour in eggs and cook over medium heat until cooked through.
- Add your spinach to your eggs and stir often until fully wilted.
- Plate sweet potato hash on a plate and top with eggs. Slice up some avocado for the side OR top with goat cheese.
Chef tip= Double the sweet potato hash recipe, cook it and leave some in the fridge for another quick breakfast. Next time you can heat up the hash and then you only have to cook the eggs.
Do you have questions after reading this article? Please let us know! Leave a comment below, we would love to give you some answers!
If you would like to know more, here is what you could do:
- Download our eBooks about fertility, reproductive health, pregnancy and postpartum here
- If you like to watch some of our awesome videos, follow us onYoutube.
- We always share the most up to date information on Facebook. Don’t miss out!
- If you are ready to discuss your needs, we are ready to listen.
If you are not in San Diego, we offer skype and phone consultations. Give us a call! 858 381 2281