When a person thinks about getting infertility help, it most likely will lead to a number of different tests being performed that will help ascertain the source of infertility. That is not to say that the tests will always come up trumps for there are many areas that still need to be answered and these are called unexplained infertility. This is a quite common occurrence which sometimes hinders the infertility help process. However, infertility help is normally available to couples that are unable to conceive even after a year of unprotected sexual intercourse. In such cases they should consult a general practitioner and even a fertility specialist.
- Knowing about your ovulation – which is the prime time for fertilization-, and that it normally happens in mid to late morning and usually occurs about twelve to sixteen days prior to the next menstrual period.
- The best time for intercourse is the day or evening prior to ovulation and this would ensure that the sperm will be waiting in the fallopian tube before the egg arrives.
- Have sex in the missionary position which helps put the uterus in the ideal position for receiving sperm. And, after intercourse, the woman should lie still for approximately ten minutes as this would give time for the sperm to enter the vagina and proceed further to the cervix.
- Take into account the fact that the sperm can live in the fallopian tube a couple of days longer and so it becomes likely that one may have sex on one day and ovulate on the next day and finally conceive on the third day.
- Opt to have sex at least thrice a week so that ovulation may occur and the odds of the sperm being present in the fallopian tubes for ovulation to occur increases.