- Eat organic fruits and vegetables as often as possible in order to avoid harmful pesticides and herbicides. This is so important when making your food choices.
- Eat organic dairy products that do not contain hormones or antibiotics. If you are dealing with endometriosis, fibroids or PCOS, you should avoid dairy products altogether because they naturally contain estrogen which stimulates their growth.
- Eat only lean red meat that is grass fed or organically grown. Conventionally grown cattle contain hormones, antibiotics and other contaminants that contribute to excess estrogen.
- Eat fish that is fresh and comes from deep sea waters. Select fish like sole, tilapia, cod, and salmon. Avoid farmed fish because they may contain high level of heavy metals.
- Eat plenty of legumes because they are high in fiber which helps regulate blood sugar reducing fertility issues associated with polycystic ovarian syndrome and contain a good source of protein.
- Eat whole grains and avoid processed and refined white flour foods. Select pasta and breads made with brown rice, amaranth, millet, buckwheat, or quinoa. Avoid flours that are made with GMOs (genetically modified organisms). We prefer that you avoid gluten all together but if you do eat it then eat from this list.
- Do not eat soy products unless they are the fermented type like miso or tempeh.
- Avoid commercial fruit juices because the pasteurization process destroys vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
- Avoid refined sugars. Choose natural sweeteners like maple syrup, honey or stevia.
- Drink lots of water, 6 to 8 glasses a day.
- Include essential fatty acids into your diet. Make sure you eat plenty of omega 3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids. Select healthy vegetable oils like flax seed oil, olive oil, hemp oil, and coconut oil. Avoid trans-fats because they interfere with insulin sensitivity.
- Give up smoking, drinking alcohol, and coffee.
- Avoid cooking your foods in a microwave oven because it can change the chemical structure of the food and make it harmful to your health. Avoiding non-stick cookware because they cause higher blood levels of PFC’s (perflourinated chemicals).
- To indulge yourself you can have a small piece of dark organic chocolate.
Do you have questions after reading this article? Please let us know! Leave a comment below, we would love to give you some answers!
If you would like to know more, here is what you could do:
- Download our eBooks about fertility, reproductive health, pregnancy and postpartum here
- If you like to watch some of our awesome videos, follow us onYoutube.
- We always share the most up to date information on Facebook. Don’t miss out!
- If you are ready to discuss your needs, we are ready to listen. If you are not in San Diego, we offer skype and phone consultations. Give us a call! 858 381 2281