Unexplained infertility is discussed often in our office. Many couples come in frustrated that they do not have a diagnosis for their fertility struggles. A diagnosis of unexplained infertility is given to about 25% of couples with infertility. When we see this in our office we actually think this is a positive situation. Many times it is more difficult to address endometriosis or poor ovarian reserve then it is address the possible issues surrounding unexplained infertility.
Many times it could be as simple as a nutritional deficiency, regulating sleep patterns, low cervical mucous, inaccurate timing of sexual intercourse or a pre-existing health issue. Many of the consultations we do involve couples who are given a diagnosis of unexplained infertility, yet they also have other health issues: poor dietary and lifestyle.
Here are some causes for unexplained infertility that we see at Reproductive Wellness:
- Thyroid issues
- Hormonal Balance
- Poor Cervical Mucous
- Poor Adrenal Health
- Very low body weight
- Autoimmune disease
- Cancer (chemotherapy and radiation may cause Premature Ovarian Failure or low sperm count and health)
- Injury or trauma to reproductive organs, or one of the endocrine glands
- Drug Addiction
- Long-term use of medications
- Heavy exposure to radiation or other environmental pollution
Do you have questions after reading this article? Please let us know! Leave a comment below, we would love to give you some answers!
If you would like to know more, here is what you could do:
- Download our eBooks about fertility, reproductive health, pregnancy and postpartum here
- If you like to watch some of our awesome videos, follow us onYoutube.
- We always share the most up to date information on Facebook. Don’t miss out!
- If you are ready to discuss your needs, we are ready to listen. If you are not in San Diego, we offer skype and phone consultations. Give us a call! 858 381 2281